The Delta Conservancy’s 2022-2027 Strategic Plan outlines the goals, objectives, and strategies for the next five years. This plan acts as a roadmap for enhancing the Delta’s ecosystem and economy and builds off past successes to carry the Conservancy’s mission forward.
The Conservancy has set five strategic goals that reflect its mission and priorities:
- Goal 1: Enhance ecological conservation, restoration, and climate adaptation in the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta and Suisun Marsh.
- Goal 2: Support economically and ecologically sustainable working lands in the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta and Suisun Marsh.
- Goal 3: Support and enhance communities and economies in the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta and Suisun Marsh.
- Goal 4: Enrich understanding of the ecological, cultural, and historical value of the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta and Suisun Marsh; the importance of resilience, diversity, and inclusivity; and the need for stewardship.
- Goal 5: Maintain an effective, sustainable, adaptable, and inclusive organization.
To meet these goals, the Conservancy has set clear and measurable objectives and performance measures to ensure accountability, measure success, and inform future decision-making.
The Delta Conservancy’s 2023 Implementation Plan details the Conservancy’s current projects meeting the goals in the Strategic Plan.