Water Education through Public Outreach
The Conservancy received a grant from the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation for public outreach programs to educate and provide meaningful communication about activities that affect the California Bay-Delta watershed. Audiences for these programs include the general public and local, state, and federal government officials. Topics range from water supply reliability and water quality, to ecological restoration efforts in the Delta as identified in the CALFED Bay Delta Record of Decision.
Events under this grant include:
- A Practical Workshop: The Science Behind Delta Climate Change Impacts on February 13, 2014
Click here for workshop agenda
- Finding Ways to Restore Delta Habitat and Protect Property Owners on January 28 & 29, 2014
Click here for accompanying White Paper
- Water Quality Monitoring Programs on May 14 & 16, 2013
Event materials: Agenda and Organization Factsheets, Diagram of Monitoring Programs
- Delta and Suisun Marsh Levees and Habitat Restoration on November 14, 2012
Event materials: Organization Factsheets, Map of Restoration Projects, Diagram of Delta Agencies
- Preventing Flood Contamination in the Delta
Click here for copy of brochure.
Click here to see “Getting Prepared: Preventing Flood Contamination in the Delta” video (17:35 minutes).
- Instream Flows in Delta Tributaries
Click here for summary and links to presentations.
- Water Tours conducted by the Water Education Foundation