Zoom Meeting Tips
- If you are participating in the Zoom webinar and calling in by phone, please make sure that your phone number and your Zoom webinar are linked. If you logged into Zoom first and used the “Call me” option, the linkage happened automatically. If you called in separately using another option, find the mute button at the bottom of the screen and click once on the arrow just to the right; this will bring up a menu where you can select “switch to phone audio.” You should see a dialog box with a four-digit number. On your phone, press #, the four-digit number, and # again to link your phone audio to your Zoom webinar.
- Please note, if you are joining by phone only, staff will identify you by the last three digits of your phone number.
- If you are having technical difficulties with the meeting, please contact email@example.com (email link) (preferred) or (916) 653-8486 (if needed).
- If you would like to make a comment and you are on the Zoom meeting, please use the “Raise Hand” button to raise your hand. If you are participating on your computer, the raise hand button is located at the bottom of the window and also at the bottom of the participant list. You may have to hover your pointer over the Zoom window for the row of options to appear. On the mobile app, “raise hand” is located at the bottom of the screen.
- If you are on the phone only, please press #2 on your phone once to “raise your hand” and alert us that you would like to speak. If you press #2 on your phone a second time, you will take yourself out of the queue. The host will unmute phone lines one at a time.
- After the host unmutes your line, you may also need to unmute yourself or your phone.