About the Delta Conservancy
The Conservancy leads efforts that advance environmental protection in the Delta and the economic well-being of Delta residents. The Conservancy’s goal is to implement projects that will result in integrated environmental, economic and social benefits. To reach that goal, the Conservancy works in collaboration with local communities, interested groups and state and federal agencies to seek creative opportunities to address challenges and reach agreement for moving these efforts forward. The Conservancy strives to ensure that programs and projects are prioritized and funded in a balanced manner according to geography and our legislative responsibilities.
The Conservancy Board completed a 5-year review and adopted its 2017-2022 Strategic Plan in 2017. Learn more about the Delta Conservancy’s Strategic Plan (web link).
- Delta Conservancy Mission
- Delta Conservancy Legislative Responsibilities
- Why is the Delta Important?
- Delta Conservancy’s 2017 State Leadership Accountability Act Report
- Tribal Consultation Policy: The purpose of this policy is to ensure effective government-to-government consultation between the Natural Resources Agency and its Departments and Indian tribes and tribal communities to provide meaningful input in the development of regulations, rules, policies, programs, projects and property decisions and activities that may affect tribal communities.